Indiana Vocational Rehabilitation Services
Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VR), provides quality individualized services to enhance and support people with disabilities to prepare for, obtain or retain employment. The individual will work closely with a VR Counselor throughout the process. Through active participation in their rehabilitation, people with disabilities achieve greater level of independence in their work place and living environments. You do not need to be on waiver services to receive Vocational Rehabilitation!
VR is an employment program for high school students age 14 and older with an IEP, as well as adults with a diagnosed disability. VR works with individuals with any disability, including deafness, visual impairments, mental illness and physical barriers.
How does this process work?
- An interested person can contact the local Vocational Rehabilitation office, beginning at age 14.
- Interested persons will meet with a VR Counselor to complete intake paperwork and determine eligibility.
- After being deemed eligible for VR services, individuals work with their VR Counselor to create a plan for finding employment.
- Eligible individuals choose a service provider, such as Bona Vista's WorkForce Diversity, from a "Pick List."
- The service provider's employees, known as Employment Specialists, work with eligible individuals to prepare for employment. Employment Specialists help with resumes, interview skills, computer and cash register skills, and other activities. These other activities can include job shadows, internships and paid weekly work experiences.
- Employment Specialists and VR Counselors continue to support each person once they begin working.This support continues until the person reaches successful case closure by reaching the highest level of independence on the job.
- You do not need to be on waiver services to receive Vocational Rehabilitation!
Contact the nearest VR office to start your process.
Area 9 Vocational Rehabilitation Services217 E. Southway Boulevard, Suite 100 Kokomo, IN 46902-3577 Phone: 765-455-5020Toll Free: 1-877-715-5294 (V/VRS/711) Toll Free Fax: 1-855-450-3576 Counties: Carroll, Cass, Fulton, Howard, Miami, Tipton & White You can also call WorkForce Diversity at 765-454-5997 for any additional questions on the enrollment process with Indiana Vocationa Rehabilitation.
Area 6 Vocational Rehabilitation Services 615 N. 18th Street, Suite 103 Lafayette, IN 47904-3413 Phone: 765-449-4278
Toll Free: 1-877-847-9892 (V/VRS/711) Toll Free Fax: 1-855-450-3575Counties: Benton, Clinton, Fountain, Montgomery, Tippecanoe & Warren Area 10 Vocational Rehabilitation Services 840 N. Miller Avenue, Suite C Marion, IN 46952-2338 Phone: 765-662-9961 Toll Free: 1-877-876-2866 (V/VRS/711) Toll Free Fax: 1-855-450-3572 Counties: Grant, Huntington & Wabash
Area 11 Vocational Rehabilitation Services 201 E. Charles Street, Suite 130 Muncie, IN 47305-2434 Phone: 765-282-9863 Toll Free: 1-877-847-9890 (V/VRS/711) Toll Free Fax: 1-855-450-3573 Counties: Adams, Blackford, Delaware, Henry, Jay, Madison, Randolph & Wells
Areas 13 & 14 - Indianapolis North & Central Vocational Rehabilitation Services 2620 Kessler Blvd. East Dr., Suite 105 Indianapolis, IN 46220-2890 Phone: 317-205-0100 Toll Free: 1-877-715-5296 (V/VRS/711) Toll Free Fax: 1-855-442-0002 Counties: Hamilton, Hancock & Marion [ZIP codes 46201, 46202, 46205, 46208, 46216, 46218, 46219, 46220, 46226, 46228, 46229, 46235, 49236, 45240, 46250, 46256, 46260, 46268, 46278, 46280 & 46290]