On My Way Pre-K
Through the On My Way Pre-K state program qualifying families can receive prekindergarten programming for their child. Early evidence shows that children participating in OMWPK gained skills from fall to spring at a higher rate than their peers.
These gains included several key aspects of school readiness:
- Language comprehension
- Early literacy
- Executive functioning
- A reduction of behavior problems in the classroom
Here is how to qualify:
- Must earn less that 127 percent of federal poverty level (to meet income requirements a family of 2 must make less than $20,628 a year, a family of 3 less than $25,932 a year, a family of 4 less than $31,248 a year, a family of 5 less than $36,552 and a family of 6 less than $41,856).
- Child must be a resident of Indiana.
- Families must live in Howard Co to be eligible for this grant.
- Child must be 4 but not yet 5-years old by August 1, 2017.
- Parents/guardians must have a service need (working, going to school).
- Attendance requirement is 85%.
Families may Apply Online, Click Here!