How to Enroll
Admission Criteria for Community Connections
- The person requesting services must have a severe developmental disability or a combination of disabilities.
- The person requesting services must be at least 18 years of age and will benefit from the services.
- The person requesting services must no longer be participating in public school.
- The person requesting services must provide a current physical examination upon admission and annually thereafter.
- The person requesting services must participate in developing a yearly Individualized Support Plan and/or Individual Program Plan.
- The person requesting services must be functioning at a level that they will not endanger themselves or others.
- The person requesting services must show proof of U.S. citizenship.
- The person requesting services must be from Howard, Miami, or a surrounding county.
- The person requesting services must have been referred by a funding source recognized by the State of Indiana (Example: Vocational Rehabilitation, Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services - Division of Disability, Aging, and Rehabilitative Services).
- If the person requesting services has a legal guardian, documentation must be provided to the agency.
- The person requesting services must have transportation, capacity to use available transportation, and/or support system to assist with transportation.
- The person requesting services must be assessed on a semiannual basis for community-based employment potential.
Additional Services Provided
Social Services, Rehabilitation Training, Habilitation Training, Vocational Counseling, Work Services, Nursing Services
* Therapy related treatments may be provided by an outside therapy provider in Howard County, when needed.
Community Connections Admission Procedure
- The BDDS service coordinator will help in identifying people who may be eligible for Community Connections services to Bona Vista (these people may include people moving into group homes, persons living with their family, self-referrals, or other referral sources).
- Once a person is referred for Community Connections Services the QMRP and/or the Division Manager of Hab and Social Services will meet with the person requesting services, the Case Manager, and the BDDS Service Coordinator to explain the Community Connections Program and begin gathering medical history, the person's history of services, the person's need for supervision, and to determine the amount of programming being requested and/or needed. The following forms may be completed with the person served during this initial meeting: Consent Form, Permission for Evaluation, Medical Emergency Form, Community Based Employment Form, A copy of the person's rights, Bona Vista's HIPAA Privacy Practices and grievance policy and procedure must be explained and given, The applicable Authorization for Use and Disclosure will be signed, Orientation Checklist.
- All placements into the Community Connections Program will be made based on the assessed wants, needs, desires, behaviors, social history, and general medical condition of the person requesting services.The QMRP will secure the needed Release for Mutual Disclosures, and request information about the person requesting services. This information will include, but is not limited to information about:
- The QMRP will secure the needed Release for Mutual Disclosures, and request information about the person requesting services. This information will include, but is not limited to information about: Adaptive behavior (This information is provided by an outside entity and will be updated on an annual basis.), Social History, General Medical Condition, School records, Diagnostic & Evaluation (D&E), Developmental Disability Profile (DDP), Current Staffing Requirement, Current Individualized Support Plan and Person Centered Plan. The collected information will be used to determine the most appropriate placement for the person considering admission into the Community Connections Program. This information is provided by an outside entity and will be updated on an annual basis.
- Depending on program availability, the person requesting services may be placed on a waiting list for admission prior to granting admission to the Community Connections program). Daily Living Skills (must have been assessed within the 30 days just prior to placement.
- When the waiting list is opened and/or the person requesting services is accepted into the program, the person and/or legal guardian, the case manager and the BDDS Service Coordinator are notified and an intake meeting is scheduled.
- The Division Manager, Hab and Social Services and the QMRP attend the transition meeting and ensure all documentation is complete and accurate. Information provided during the transition meeting may include (but is not limited to) Community Connections Handbook, rights and complaints process, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and information regarding other Bona Vista services, such as Work Services, Community Services and transportation arrangements. Information obtained during the transition meeting may include the status of, but is not limited to, current staffing requirements, current medications, current treating physicians, current risks, and behavioral needs. The BDDS Service Coordinator will review the person's current Individualized Support Plan and will make recommendations of needed changes. An Admission Process Requirements Checklist will be completed to ensure all required documentation has been completed prior to the start of services.
- Prior to the person's start date for services, the QMRP will complete the recommendations from the BDDS Service Coordinator, as well as the training goals that are outlined in the persons Individualized Support Plan.
- Once the QMRP has completed all the required plans and recommendations, an Individual Specific Training will be conducted to all Community Connections Staff that will be providing services to the person served.
- The QMRP notifies the President, Business Office, Agency Nurse, Vice President of Social and Community Services, and other appropriate parties of the admission verbally and/or via a Social Services Movement form of the admission date for the person entering Community Connections.
Community Connections Admissions Packet
Prior to starting services, the QMRP will be required to complete the following packet for a person requesting services:
- Case Conference Committee Report
- Records Accessibility Sheet
- Photo of Consumer
- Orientation Checklist
- PL-101-476 Notice of Parent/Adult Rights if applicable
- W-4 (if consumer is interested in paid work)
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form (if consumer is interested in paid work)
- Consent Form
- Permission for Evaluation
- Emergency Medical Information
- Permission to Administer Meds During Program Hours, if applicable
- Copy of Medicaid Card/Medicaid Card, Birth Certificate, ID Card, Social Security Card
- List of current medications
- List of current treating physicians
- Current physical
- Smoking Policy
- Community Connections Handbook
- Consumer Rights/Complaint Policy/Grievance Procedure
- Community Living Functional Assessment
- Risk Assessment
- D&E if applicable
- Individual Support Plan (ISP)/Person Centered Plan (PCP) Reviewed/Updated
- NOA, if applicable
- Training plan written for goals outlined in ISP
- Individual Specific Outline
- Social Service Movement